"To be truly radical is to make hope possible, rather than despair convincing." - Raymond Williams

A post-doom conversation, with Michael Dowd

by Shaun Chamberlin on August 22nd, 2019

When the bestselling theologian Reverend Michael Dowd invited me to open his ‘Post-Doom’ series of interviews on dealing with the widespread foreboding about climate chaos, societal collapse, and ecological ‘doom’, I didn’t imagine how beautifully warm and touching a conversation it would be!

We forged a real connection and it was an absolute pleasure to get to know such an authentic man.

Just click play above, or for a list of topics covered and links to jump straight to them, head through to Youtube and click “Show More” under the video.

Or subscribe there for the full series (also at www.postdoom.com), with confirmed future participants including Joanna Macy, Derrick Jensen, Chris Martenson and David Abram.

1.  Jennifer T says:
    22 August, 2019 at 9:01 pm

I’m listening to this now, and it’s an emotional experience

2.  David Fleming's posthumous books - the ongoing book tour says:
    30 August, 2019 at 12:48 pm

[…] 14th August 2019 – A ‘Post-Doom’ conversation with bestselling theologian Michael […]

3.  James Martin says:
    6 September, 2019 at 9:41 pm

I’m just past halfway through listening and have had a thought perhaps worth sharing. That thought is that perhaps this dialogue could be transcribed and posted as an article on Resilience.org ?

Of course, the transcription would involve some time and labor.

Just a thought!

Okay, back to rapt listening!

4.  James Martin says:
    6 September, 2019 at 9:49 pm

PS – On further reflection, perhaps the Resilience.org transcription could just be of some select passages, poignant moments in the conversation? And that being much less laborious and time consuming, I’ll offer to do the transcription. So that’s my offer.

Love you guys!

5.  Shaun Chamberlin says:
    13 September, 2019 at 7:01 pm

Hi James, thanks for this. I’ll drop you an email about it now.

6.  James R. Martin says:
    17 September, 2019 at 10:43 pm

I’ll attempt to get that selection and transcription finished this week, but it’s a busy week! — and there is the Global Climate Strike….

I wanted to share this with you. I find it remarkable.:

Reply to Erik Lindberg’s thoughts on modernity, ecomodernism and Ted Trainer