by Shaun Chamberlin on January 5th, 2010
Dark Optimism is the not-for-profit public interest research, activism
and writing of Shaun Chamberlin, author of The Transition Timeline, working with a wide network of friends and partners around the world.
We are unashamedly positive about what kind of a world humanity
could create, and unashamedly
realistic about how far we are
from creating it today.
Be notified of new posts
- Adolf Hitler
Posts by topic
Posts by date
Search Dark Optimism
Dark Optimism News Feed
- US Study Confirms Rapid Increase of Methane Emissions by Oil and Gas
- Carbon Tracker Analysis: ‘Renewables are Already Outcompeting Fossil Fuels’
- Timeline: The Past, Present and Future of Germany’s Energiewende
- The Sower's Way: the Path for the Future
- Scientists: How the New Focus on 1.5C is Reshaping Climate Research
- Just 16,000 Catenary Trucks Would Use All of California’s Electricity with only 2400 to 8300 Miles of Overhead Wires
- The Energy-Water Nexus
- Peak Oil Review - Sept 19 2016
- Macro and Climate Economics: It's Time to Talk about the "Elephant in the Room"
- Naomi Klein & the Letdown of the Leap Manifesto: Energy Depletion Dismissal is Just as Bad as Climate Change Denial (part 1/3)
"To be truly radical is to make hope possible, rather than despair convincing." - Raymond Williams